Sunday 7 October 2012

Silence*


I woke up this morning to the sound of silence
It is a beautiful sound to wake up to
That and the sound of another human's breathing
Too close to one's ear
While it rains outside.

I woke up this morning to the sound of silence
While inside my head the voices were talking to me still
Repeating words that once left your lips
Putting my mind in a kind of haze
Mobilizing all my senses
I could actually smell you, feel you  

I woke up this morning to the sound of silence
And my heart felt heavy with the void you left in me

When the memory of you is no longer enough to fill the blankness
What could I possibly do to quiet this loaded silence?

3 comments:

Hologram said...

my dear, it's been a while. I loved reading you again, moved me to tear. smiles from me to you.

Anonymous said...

I still wonder from where do you get the material that drips poison off your mind, evaluating moments and events of colors and dimmer shades of black. yet silence drifts us weary when floating over the rainbow.

Anonymous said...

Silence is but the gestating storm, slow, unseen, hidden in the depth, deep below the surface, seething with countless seeds that shall one day burst, tearing through skin and breath into beautiful blossoms, fruits ripe with the liquid pulp of the burning sun. That, and every rose was one day a thorn.