Tuesday 8 September 2009

A fictitious reality - Farewell Waltz*

The music was loud
And I was immersed by the vibes
Around me were characters
From a novel I just finished reading
The musicians, looking elated
With every note played
Expressions on their faces
Look as if they were orgasming
And I think to myself
How divine, for a person to create
A note, a child
Just to be able
To create

Around me were characters
From a novel I just finished reading
Feeble minds
People whose past and future
Are nothing but one
Simply because they don’t
Prove their existence
In the realm of the mortals
You remember how they were
Ten years ago
And meet with them again
Twenty years later
And they are still the same

Around me were characters
From a novel I just finished reading
There is the dreamer
Who lives elsewhere
You think she is among us
Present
But her mind is on a different planet
Scrutinizing humanity
From high above
Mocking our generation
And the fast pace it took
To realizing its carnal goals
To achieving its useless ends
Not stopping for a moment
To absorb notes
Played by some musicians
Who dedicate their existence
To the creation of something
We all long to imitate

No comments: