Tuesday 19 October 2010

The hitchhiking game*

I started mourning you way before you died
Maybe I shouldn’t have been so public about it
So recklessly articulate

I started mourning you way before you died
Maybe it was me out there, handing you the rope
Making way for you to commit suicide

I should have known that your death
Was not your own end
But it was the death of something we shared

Yet after death,
The game we used to play still goes on
Regardless of our fingers becoming numb
And not toying with the strings anymore
Regardless of the empty stage and the curtains falling down

The game has a mind of its own
Irrespective of you or I

1 comment:

Innate_Inanenuss said...

Hayla..

One of the best I have read on this blog...it says much. The title of the post too..

It's a story in itself. Piece of art.