Friday 20 March 2009

her dreams, his mind.

And all of a sudden, the world around them stopped from moving. Everything stopped. The cars, the music, the sound of the chaotic life of the city, even her thoughts blocked. There was but him and her – alone, in a world of her own imagination. You couldn’t hear a sigh; you couldn’t even feel a breath. It was as if the planet decided to stop functioning, as if the earth stopped turning, as if humanity has pledged a vow of silence, in respect for this sacred moment.

And then, he broke the silence …

- Don’t you have nightmares? Don’t you have dreams?
- I daydream.
- And at night, when you sleep?
- I don’t have any dreams left.
- When you daydream, what is it about?
- I don’t remember.
- You don’t?
- Well I choose not to.
- Why not?
- Well, I feel that when I give my dreams plots and stories, people will take my words for it … which is okay for some things, but not for dreams. I don’t want to tell people what to see ... I don’t want them to know what I see.

He gazed at her for a long while, not knowing what to say. That was it, he thought. That was it. She was not from this world. She could never be.
Upon a gesture from his fingers, his world started moving again. Everything became busy again. Only his mind, his lonely mind, remained static… unaffected by what is going on around it. Lost. In her fantasy world…

No comments: